Melanage Skin Lightening Peel
This peel is a superficial peel designed to improve the texture and appearance of hyper-pigmentation which involves a medicated masque and at-home regimen. This peel is safe for all skin types including dark skin. There is no pain and minimal irritation during the application of the masque. The irritation on the days following is likened to a sunburn.
This treatment should be done in the fall or winter. One treatment may be enough for some clients to achieve optimal results, however some patients may need additional treatments.
What to Expect
Your skin may have a slight yellow tinge and slight redness after removal of the masque. The redness may last up to one week. Approximately 48 hours after the treatment your skin will start to peel, this will last 2-5 days. Patients must follow the at-home regimen for best results. You will be provided with your at-home skin care product kit containing anti-redness foaming cleanser, anti-redness soothing balm, antioxidant soothing balm, sunscreen SPF 30 and melange 2 Crème. This kit should last about 3 months.
Results vary, but typically patients see a significant improvement in the appearance of pigmented areas. By using the at-home regimen you increase your chances of having a better result. Dark spots will lighten as well as having an improvement to texture and tone of skin.
Some patients do not experience peeling. If you do not notice peeling, please know that you are still receiving the benefits to the peel.
Other Chemical Peels
We offer peels from SkinMedica that brighten and smooth the overall appearance of the skin.
APPROPRIATE FOR: Mild skin imperfections
APPROPRIATE FOR: Mild to moderate skin imperfections
APPROPRIATE FOR: Moderate to severe skin imperfections
ZO Stimulator Chemical Peel
The ZO stimulator is designed to exfoliate the skin by increasing cell turnover to improve tone, texture and overall skin health. There is no down time, no peeling or redness afterwards.
This peel is best following dermaplaning treatment. This gives you a smooth beautiful glow.
HydraFacial addresses all skincare needs. From fine lines and wrinkles, elasticity and firmness, even skin tone and vibrancy, skin texture, brown spots, oil and congested skin, or enlarged pores, Hydrafacial treats it all and can benefit anyone!
HydraFacial is an invigorating treatment that can be given in as little as 30 minutes. It delivers long-term skin health and can be tailored to meet the specific needs of all skin types. It offers instant, noticeable results with no downtime or irritation. The HydraFacial treatment removes dead skin cells and extracts impurities while simultaneously bathing the new skin with cleansing, hydrating and moisturizing serums. The treatment is soothing, refreshing, non-irritating and immediately effective.
You may put on makeup and return to your normal activities right after the treatment since there is no downtime. Many clients report seeing visible skin refinement and an even, radiant skin tone after just one treatment. The smooth results and hydration may last 5 to 7 days or even longer. One treatment per month is recommended for improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, brown spots, oily and congested skin. Continued HydraFacial treatments are highly recommended to maintain skin health results.
Dermaplaning is a delicate way to exfoliate your skin, removing the fine hair commonly referred to as “peach fuzz”, producing a smooth texture and an appearance of fresh skin.
- Unwanted Hair
- Dry Skin
- Poor Skin Texture
What to Expect?
- Dermaplaning is a simple, easy, painless, non-invasive manual skin exfoliation treatment.
- The dermaplaning treatment takes approximately 30 – 45 minutes depending on the area being treated.
- This treatment can be performed at any time of the year on all skin types and there is no discomfort with this treatment.
SkinPen is the first FDA-cleared microneedling device. It causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage.
- Natural. SkinPen is a micro-needling tool that uses sharp needles to create tiny holes in your skin. In response to these micro-injuries, your body produces collagen and elastin to heal the wound naturally. SkinPen doesn’t use chemicals, heat or toxins to burn or remove layers of your skin.
- Safe and relatively comfortable. There are minimal side effects and downtime following a SkinPen procedure. Slight swelling and redness/pinkness in the area (like that from a mild sunburn) usually last only two to four days, so you can return to work or social activities quickly. SkinPen has minimal risk of scarring or infections. We will apply a topical anesthetic before the procedure, making you comfortable.
- Versatile. SkinPen can be used to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and facial acne scars. SkinPen needles adjust to different lengths, allowing us to customize your procedure based on skin’s thickness and your specific needs.
- Effective for all skin types. Because SkinPen doesn’t affect the epidermis (where the skin pigment resides), it can be used on all skin types.
After a simple blood draw, PRP uses the patient’s own plasma that is taken from your arm, spun in a centrifuge and then microneedled into your skin. PRP is a safe, FDA-approved solution to bring back elasticity and volume to your skin. The skin will repair quicker than with Skinpen alone and it will progressively improve in tone and texture in the following weeks post procedure.
The laser gently penetrates the deep layers of the skin and subcutaneous tissue. This treatment can be performed on any area of the body and all skin types.
How It Works
This laser works by safely heating up the treatment area, which in turn activates new collagen formation. This “thermal damage” stimulates your body’s natural healing ability resulting in tighter, younger looking skin. Added benefits are improvement in erythema, pore size, skin texture and tone.
What to Expect
Full results are typically seen between 90 days to 6 months following your last treatment but initial effects may appear in as little as 1 to 2 weeks. There is very minimal downtime with this procedure. Mild redness may be noticed immediately following the treatment but resolves within a few hours. Tiny imperfections in the skin may gradually surface and flake off over the next few days leaving the skin feeling soft and clean. Treatments should be done in a series of 4 to 6 sessions and done 3 to 4 weeks apart.
The risk are minimal but there may be some pigment alterations, especially in dark skin types following the treatments. This usually corrects itself without further aid. Occasionally blistering and scabbing can occur especially on darker pigmented lesions. These ares should be kept moist and protected from the sun.
Prior to Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure 7 days before and after treatment. Tan or sunburned skin will not be treated.
- No chemical tans can be applied prior to treatments.
- Do not take photosynthesizing medications during treatment series.
- Patients with active infection cannot be treated.
Anti-Oxidents, moisturizers and sunscreens to be applied after and during treatment series can be purchased from the clinic.